View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2006
Disciple

boricua365 is flying high

Let me be more clear on what my problem is: When I try to connect from my personal laptop, I get the error that my computer is trying to connect to the network. About 2 months ago I reset my wireless router (button on the back of the device) and limewire worked for the rest of that evening, but then didn't the next time I tried to use it. It just says that "connecting" message whenever I do a search.

On my work laptop (the one that LW works on) the firewall settings are set to UPnP and the "listen on port" is set to 40530, and when I set those same settings on my new personal laptop, it still doesn't work. I went to my router settings and changed it to static instead of dynamic (hopefully I did this right), and then LW stopped working on my work laptop too. Both computers starting running super slow when I opened LW also...

I wonder if my personal is not set up for UPnP? I guess I'm just pretty confused cuz I'm not too savvy on this firewalling stuff...

Also, I installed the Dr TCP program and changed my RWIN to what you suggested. Until I get LW connecting, I guess I won't know what difference it makes, but thanks for the suggestion...

Last edited by boricua365; January 15th, 2006 at 10:57 PM.