View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2006
Enthusiast

sonnet is flying high
Default Installing an older version LW deleted my Incomplete downloaded files!?

I just went back to an older version of Limewire, 4.8.1 Pro for Mac, in an attempt to resolve many awful connection problems I have experienced over the past few days. I have tried everything listed in the pinned topics, and then I ran across Grandpa's post here:

http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...threadid=51480

and related threads he mentions there,

and realized there is a bug with Limewire which explains why I cannot download a file without having Limewire stall completely out on me.

So I went back to the older version and after the install it gave me some message that it was unable to continue my downloads, or something. I looked, and it had deleted the contents of one almost 500 MB file that I had downloaded painstakingly to 78%!!! It had taken about a week. (The file hasn't always been available; and very busy host when it has been.) Now it goes from 78% to 0% downloaded.

Is this file gone for good due to me reloading an older version of Limewire? If yes, here is a warning to anyone who doesn't realize this happens (or maybe it only happened with me): move your Incomplete folder or rename it and copy it elsewhere before reinstalling an older version of Limewire.

Sorry in advance if this does not make sense; I am very worn out from fighting with Limewire.

~~~

(Formerly I was on Limewire Pro 4.9.4, now I am on Pro 4.8.1)

PowerMac G4 933 with ISP Brighthouse/Roadrunner broadband 15/2 connection running Mac OS X 10.2.8

~~~~~~~~

Details of my computer (firewall, RAM, hard disk), network set-up, country, and all can be found here: http://limewiresettings.jottit.com/

Last edited by sonnet; January 16th, 2006 at 04:51 PM.