View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2006
Novicius

Cerah is flying high
Default The problem

I had the problem at first with frostwire, especially through my high speed proxy, but it seems that Frostwire, unlike Limewire needs you to enable large system cache possibly and definitely have a pagefile, even though I have 2 GB of RAM. I'd set processor time to background services too which I've always had so that Java gets equal processing time as Frostwire. It is much better than limewire Pro even though similar interface. It just works for connecting to users through my proxy so much better, and the fact they aren't working on censoring P2P is a definite plus. But yes it don't search as fast even when running right but compare user connectivity to Limewire, much better. But the crash is a windows issue you can override by applying the settings I said. They all can be accessed by right clicking on My computer, then clicking settings under performance. I set my pagefile to 3 GB as I have 2 GB RAM and 180 GB hard drive. You should set a static size so windows don't waste processing time adjusting it. Good luck.