View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2006
Disciple

satnone is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of the Rings
Arrogant sod. What you downld LW Basic & expect/demand to communicate directly with the LW programmers. What the '
There's lots of other p2p forums around.
BTW the desktop is not a normal location for prefs folder. C:/Documents And Settings/your_username/.limewire is the default. Unless you're using 98 / ME which would be C:\My Documents

LW 4.10+ leaves the prefs folder here C:\Documents and Settings\*yourusername*\Application Data\limewire if you don't have a .limewire folder. Which is default for many programs. Application Data folder being "hidden".

Perhaps you should recheck your setup.
u need to read more closely i couldnt have explained it more simply.. i didnt say it installs it in the desktop folder.. open your eyes.. i said it installs it in the desktop's PARENT folder.. which would be the location that u gave.. assuming my desktop was in the default location.. im not gonna explain it all over again u can just read what i wrote the first time and pay better attention.. the location that u gave:

"C:/Documents And Settings/your_username/.limewire"

is where it wants to install it.. yes ive already said that too.. but do u know how it knows where that location is? by looking for the desktop folder - a folder within that same location.. which is just stupid and makes no sence.. why would u look for the desktop folder to know where the users main profile folder is.. its just shitty programming.. anyways.. im over it.. edonky is a hundred times better anyways... not like anybody in here has enough knowledge in computers to help me anyways.. no offence.....

Last edited by satnone; January 19th, 2006 at 09:48 PM.