View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2006
Disciple

satnone is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of the Rings
The folder where your .limewire is in, which is apparently the desktop folder, turn on show hidden files & folders. Chances are (as I hinted earlier) that there will be an Application Data folder there. Or search your computer for [color=blue]Application Data[/url] with the show hidden files & folders option turned on. If you find one on your desktop, then the issue is with the way you have your network set up. Application Data represents other program preferences. To have many of your program preferences being sent to the desktop is odd & arguably a security risk. And 'if' that is the case, shows your set up is confusing your programs to know where to find the appropriate location. Shitty programming for all the other programs also I guess you'd say.
um yeah all my files r visible for one thing...

i know where the application data directory is.. limewire is not installing the application data (.limewire) in that directory.. its installing it in the same directory that the application data directory is in.. the users root directory (documents and settings\username).. the desktop is in there also (normally).. which ive already basically explained 4 times now... in your last post u even said that one version installs it in exactly where im tellin u its installing it...

as soon as limewire sees that my desktop location is pointing in a different path it just goes ahead and installs its .limewire directory in a directory relative to that path.. (the desktop's parent directory - which of course is no longer "documents and settings\username")... what significance does the desktop folder have to limewire... nothing..

its like its using it as a reference to where it should be installing its .limewire folder... thats ridiculous...

Last edited by satnone; January 20th, 2006 at 03:04 AM.