View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2006
Valued Member contributor

Grandpa will become famous soon enough

What the lord and UKbob say pretty much sum it up. As far as waiting a day or so to ban a IP remember that allot of people are on dial-up and can literally take months to DL a large file.

Also lets give the new Junk filter a chance the Dev. of limeWire are know to work on things until they can get it right and the new junk filter seems to be a pretty good concept while it is not 100% efficient it is a very good start in my opinion and has allot of potential. Who knows when they get done with it they may have the best filter ever created,or maybe not but we don not know the answer to that yet.

Also if they did implement a virus checker into LimeWire I very seriously doubt that there would be a free version of LW any more. Those types of things take time and money to implement and maintain. Somebody has to write and maintain the data base.You need servers to house them and upload new definitions to users from all cost money. it would be more like get LimeWire basic for just $49.95 I do not think that would fly.

Any way I do not think your ideas are bad just impractical or LW already has the features.

java.com - Hot Games, Cool Apps

A little common sense goes a long way

Later Grandpa