View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2006
Novicius

Deadfred is flying high

Good Morning All

I have been having similar problems connecting as mentioned in many of these threads. I downloaded the current version of LW on Wednesday. I went about downloading some info regards Lost part 2 and was really pleased with the results. However last few days have not been able to get onto the system and get the firewall blocking logo and "you're not connected to the Internet message". After a fair bit of this I checked the LW site and applied the Windows XP firewall connection using the port number given from the options. About 30 minutes later I got a 5 bar connection and everything was good.

However the last few days nothing. I checked the port no. again and it had changed! I went and repeated the steps using the new port number but have not been able to re-connect for the last 2 days. Please Help...

I am currently at work so will not be able to give full system details but I only purchased it 2 weeks ago. Her is what I know at this time.

Compaq Presario
Windows XP (believe service pack 2 with all current updates Latest vergion of JAVA
AMD Athalon 3700 1.7GHZ
1 GB RAM
320GB Hard Disk (2x160GB)
Agere Systems PCI Soft Modem
Ethernet Connection
ISP is NTL on 2mb Broadband (believe no p2p issues with ISP)

Any help most appreciated.