View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2006
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

I presume you still have the installer right? To uninstall, go to the LW program folder & you'll find a folder called UninstallerData. Within that folder is a program called Uninstall LimeWire. I also have 4.0.2 Pro Classic.

But before doing that, try deleting your LW preferences whilst LW is CLOSED. Go to the preferences folder & show it in list mode. You will find .limewire at the top of the list. Put it in the trash. Then try opening LW again & see if it's able to connect after loading & settling down.

I have to say, I actually had better luck connecting with 4.0.8 than 4.0.2 Pro. I don't know why but that's the way it was for me. Since then, LW did bring out a couple of updates about a year ago, I think you can now get 4.0.10 Oh just checking, I did install it & it connected just as well as 4.0.8

But if you need help with connection issues, you'd need to tell us more information about what type of connection devices you use (brand & models), any firewalls, etc.

BTW I found it easier to connect after setting LW for manual connect. ie: LW's menu bar, Tools>Options>Connections & untick option & press apply. I found it seemed to connect easier if I opened LW, left it to load all incompletes & shared files, & then go to the menu bar, File>Connect.

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; January 23rd, 2006 at 09:58 AM.