View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2006
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

AFAIK LimeWire is working on the concept of particular sharing. So you can share what you want with particular people such as family members. I suspect that more or less covers the topic.

LW's browse is highly unreliable. Sometimes you can browse someone & get 20 results, sometime later you get 600 results, or ... you can't browse them one moment, but then 20 mins later you can & they're sharing a healthy sum of files. And vice versa, sometimes you can browse someone & they have perhaps 2,000 files with 4 star connection quality. 15 mins later, their connection quality has dropped to 2 or one or their share seems to have dropped. ie: Their bandwidth & slots have become busy so it shows in how well you can browse them & connect to their files if you choose to downld them. Too many people using LW make the mistake thinking that browsing is a definitive way to find whether people are sharing or not.

BTW no more arguments on your points between each other. Enough! Any more reference to each other & your posts will be either edited or deleted.

(I never used winmx so can't comment. I have used several dc & dc++ clients on different platforms. Yes, minimum share depends upon particular hub. Freeloaders wouldn't get too far AFAIK. lol Have difficulty connecting anywhere except perhaps a joke hub or ...)