View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2006
Novicius

shekhina is flying high
Default Please help with mp3s not playing

Something strange is happening. A couple of mp3s I have are not playing in WMP. So I tried running them in mplayer2 and they work through there. Will reinstalling WMP help to fix that problem?

I get the error message about not being compatible (but it's an mp3) or something wrong with the codecs, but the files work in mplayer2.

If yes, the problem with that is so much of my music that is in the WMP library doesn't seem to be saved anywhere else on my computer, I don't know why. And if I uninstall WMP and reinstall it, I'll lose those files...which I REALLY don't want...anyway to get around that?

Also, since I installed mp3player software onto my computer, the icons for my music files have now changed to the icons for that software instead of the WMP icon. I've uninstalled that mp3player software but the icons haven't changed back...what's going on there?

If someone could help me I'd really appreciate it, it's driving me crazy not being able to do anything about it. I also can't copy those files that wont play in WMP onto a disc...so I can't do anything with them =(