View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2006
Disciple

FreeStuffRules! is flying high
Default Can't get proxy to work

My ISP (Clearwire) "manages" port 6346. They haven't completely blocked it, but seem to be limiting my DLs. If I don't use LW for a while, I am able to DL a handful of files, then suddenly I'm back to nothing downloading. I can still search, but everything I try to DL just sits there until time passes-couple hours? So, I've been trying to configure the proxy setting.
I used an online proxy list, and tried several address/port combinations, with the HTTP proxy button checked, but LW just won't connect. If I go back to "no proxy", LW will connect again, but my usage is still restricted.
I know there were several working proxy addresses that I tried, because I also entered them into my network proxy config and was able to go online with nearly all of them.
What am I doing wrong?
I'm not even positive that the problem is with my ISP:
This slowdown just occurred in the past week, and someone told me that they contacted Limewire and were told they've been having server trouble, but I don't see a single mention of any problems in the forums.
I see some people say they are having problems related to Quicktime 7.0.4. I just installed it a few hours ago, and I don't see any difference.

Last edited by FreeStuffRules!; January 28th, 2006 at 12:58 AM.