View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2006
Disciple

ltripley is flying high

Grandpa!

What part of this are you just not getting. AGAIN I SAY: I don't give a flying fig about the free version of Limewire....... NOR do I care about the support for 6 months.

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I BOUGHT AND PAID FOR A COPY OF LIMEWIRE PRO!!!

The sales agreement said in short: That if I bought the copy, I would NOT have to re-purchase it in order to USE it!

It says........ if I want to continue UPDATING it or continue to recieve SUPPORT of that COPY after 6 months, I could CHOOSE to pay again (at a discounted rate of course).

ONCE AND FOR ALL.........

There is NOTHING wrong with the copy I purchased!! NOTHING WRONG WITH THE COPY I PURCHASED! THIS IS NOT A SUPPORT ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read every single line of the purchase agreement PRIOR to purchasing this copy and at no point did that agreement state or even imply that in the future, Limewire would disconnect my ability to install the software I was buying...... nor did it suggest that accessing their servers to DO AN INSTALL was even necessary.

This is a case of LIMEWIRE disabling my ability of using the COPY I BOUGHT WHICH IS ILLEGAL!

Because they require that CD installation to access their server to properly install, they are putting themselves in a liable situation by discontinuing that server connection without offering those buyers an alternative to get the software THEY BOUGHT to install.

You continue to focus on the support and updates and I have said time and time again, that is not my motivation and FURTHERMORE was not the reasons why I bought it to begin with!

PRO PROVIDES:
Better search results
Turbo-charged download speeds
Connect to more sources

THIS is why I bought the software. The same reasons I would purchase Adobe Acrobat Full instead of the free version available to all. It comes with full capabilities whereas the free version has limitations.

FURTHERMORE!!!!!!!!! The legal issues I bring up are NOT covered in the agreement. ONE LAST TIME: Because Limewire's Pro CD requires the installation to access Limewire's server in order to complete installation, Limewire is required by Law to maintain client based access to that server after they purchase the software or ELSE provide them with an alternative that; by their own admission, does not require re-purchase.

My "ranting" is a REASONABLE response to being the victim of an illegal act.

Yours, however, is just an attempt to show power of knowledge which is seriously flawed BUT... that flaw appears to be your refusal to see the facts I have pointed out and have an understanding of consumer rights.

So, if you'll please stop eluding to my lack of comprehension, and only continue to respond to my posts with legitimate solutions to this LEGAL issue... the justified anger might cease.