View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2006
Gnutella Admirer

GooRoo is flying high
Default Saving incomplete transfers (90%+)

Not being a Power PC user, it took me a while to learn that I could, in fact, open a window starting with my hard drive, and follow the tree to the incomplete folder. There, with Windows functions, I could easily copy the incomplete file into another folder, where I could re-name it and use it.

So there was something obvious (to a Power PC user) that could be done to use that incomplete file.

I apologize for my blow-up at receiving a reply that inferred there was a way, without spelling the mechanism out for me. After several hours of trying to use LimeWire in some way to get the file where I wanted it without success, I was already extremely frustrated. Then, when I find an e-mail notification that a reply had been made to my question, my spirits rose ... only to be dashed by an uninformative post from someone who registered days ago.

Now I have learned something more about this computer ... a platform that I avoided after being exposed to the clumsiness of the TRS-80, when I was accustomed to the ease of use of the Amiga. Things have improved considerably since the days of DOS (pre MS-DOS), and I have to put aside my prejudice against Intel microprocessors ... and learn what the current operating system is capable of doing.

Please accept my apology, and cease the flame war.