View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2006
Disciple

LonestarSecurity is flying high
Default Possible nVidia nForce BSOD Fix Part I & II

Ok, I originally came to these forums because any time I loaded LimeWire I would get a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) Stop error. Now after trying everything I found out it was something really simple.

I have an nForce 3 250 core on my motherboard, but I'm sure this will apply to many users with nForce motherboards.

Completely uninstall all nVidia drivers including graphics driver, uninstall audio drivers if using onboard audio.

*Restart Computer*

When computer restarts it will redetect your components, hit cancel on every New Hardware Wizard window.

*Restart Computer*

When computer restarts it will redetect your components, hit cancel on every New Hardware Wizard window.

Now use the installation CD that came with your motherboard, DO NOT go to nVidia to download your drivers. Install the mainboard drivers and the audio drivers. If you have an nVidia graphics card, use the installation CD that came with your GFX card. Install your graphics card drivers. DO NOT restart after each installation; choose "No, I will restart my computer at a later time".

When you are finished with every installation, then you can restart your computer. Remember to set up you GFX settings and LEAVE the nVidia Ethernet Controller settings alone.

I have noticed an issue with the latest nVidia nForce drivers, stability and random crashes seem to be linked to the ethernet controller driver.

I hope this helps some of you.

Good Luck!

Last edited by LonestarSecurity; February 2nd, 2006 at 01:40 AM.