View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2006
Novicius

OTownSensFan is flying high
Angry Video Complete, But Not Full. HELP!

Sorry if the tittle is confusing.

I've used LW for a long time and have never encountered any problems until recently. I've also lurked the boards for a while and have now decided to join for some help not found even after using the search function. For about a month now I've been experience problems with some of the videos I download.

They will be about 50 000 KB or more but when I go to play them only 1-2 minutes in duration, running from start to finish. Obviously, you don't get to see the full clip. If you click on a part of the video to jump to a certain part, it will show designated piece of the video as it normally would (eg. Homer drinking a beer ion the couch in the Simpsons). But since the video is so short this scene won't last. It is like this for all the different part you may choose to jump to, including the start. The clip is way too short to enjoy - only about a minute or two - and thus you can't see any scene fully.

It may be hard to comprehend but that's the best I can explain it. The full video (all 50 000 KB for example) is downloaded but, again, the clip is only about 1-2 minutes and as such impossible to view in it's entirety. This seems to just effect random clips, for no apparent reason. Just every 5 or 6 dl's I get this problem and it's only started to happen recently. Any help or suggestions? Is it just a bad file? Maybe my media player (WMP) or computer? The file extension?

Thanks in advance.