View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2006
Gnutella Veteran

me d is flying high
Default i agree sleepless..

when you're downloading one song from a T3 and can only get 1-2kbs, something is set wrong. i have a T1 connection. my DL speed doesn't affect UL speed. both are set to unlimited BW.
i agree, set the UL limit lower to get them in & out faster. (or better yet, read about how to set up properly.)

when i share music i allow 8-11 UL, (gives up to 10 kbs per) when i share movies i allow 5 UL, (gives up to 15kbs per). after all size matters!

Grandpa: i DL albums, (with a T3 that's properly set up) the first song DL's at around 25-30kbs, by the time i get to #3 it's dropped to 10kbs each, the rest will queue, (UL limit of 3 per). my DL limit is 12, gives me upwards of 300kbs total with multiples. (i limit searches to T1 +) since i DL an album from different sources, i can see that they are set up wrong.
i'm guessing the only reason they drop off is because their DL limit is too high. i have a lot of drop-off's, not because of my BW.

Sleepless: some people DO care to set up properly to accommodate most, if not all.