View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2006
Novicius

kingsalamander is flying high
Angry Computer Hacked or possible virus?

I'm operating on a PowerBook G4 OS X 10.3.9

Last week I tried to download a DMG file from Limweware. Nothing seemed to happen and i couldn't find where the file had been placed. On Sunday night I went to play some songs from itunes. My intunes folder apparently seemed to be erased. But everything else was normal. I looked at my shared folder and it didn't show where the files were, and my hard drive space didn't reflect the loss of files.

I made fateful error of restarting my computer. When I restarted my computer it erased all my preferences and duplicated my identity and put my old hard drive in shared folder. Also all the security had been turned off. It also either erased, or hid all of my address book, contact info, and emails that i used through entourage. I have tried to rebuild data base and find the text files to no avail. Either they are well hidden or deleted. I ran norton on my computer and found nothing. I did manage to find all my intues stuff as an invisible folder.

When I looked at my CPU log it seems alot of these changes were made about 12:30am on Feb 3rd. Does it seem like a third party was was operating my computer from outside source? It specifically said something about Entourage ACMUtext files being depracated?

Unfortunately none of my entourage identities or address book were backed up. so i am frantically looking for them. Also my computer seems to have about ten giga bytes less space than it did two days ago.

Whats Going on!!!!

Martin