Thread: upload count
View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2001
Unregistered

Default upload count

Am I the only one who finds it strange that the "Upload Count" found in the Network Information section of Tools>Statistics counts every request to your computer as an upload? In otherwords, I accumulated about 150 "uploads" in a whole two minutes...when in reality, not a single person had uploaded a whole file from me. Yes, its a picky kinda thing, but it would also take a whole to minutes to fix in the code. It seems to me incredibly pointless to know how many requests you've received, when 99% of them were either disconnected or mostly never even started. I mean who cares how many times somebody connected and was rejected cuz the user limit was already reached? I do know for a fact that I like to see what/how many files people have uploaded from me during the day. So I actually have two requests:
1) Fix the "Upload Count" listing to actually list the number of UPLOADS, not requests.
2) Allow some method to view a list of what files successfully uploaded with a tally (Bearshare has already featured this in multiple ways thru out its history). I should note that I'm aware you don't have to have it set to automatically clear this list of uploads, but once again, its USELESS because it retains a listing of all REQUESTS, not uploads, and we wind up with a list literally thousands of songs long out of which maybe 150-200 were actually uploaded.

Thanks.