View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2006
Devotee

RunningBare is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

I have been a Limewire pro user for about a week now and it does what it says on the box as far as downloading is concerned, I have a couple of questions though, why only a max of 10 hosts per download? and why does upload always appear to be the same file to different connections, this seems a bit unfair to those stuck in a queue trying to upload a different file.

my settings are upload 1 per with 5 slots and bandwidth 25kbytes total, my connection is dsl d/l 2mbit u/l 256kbit

for newbies please note the difference between bits and bytes, 1 byte = 8 bits

Quote:
Originally posted by Only A Hobo
Excellent post ...

Now ...

.................how to make sure everybody using the internet reads it BEFORE parting with their money?........................
In answer to this question I will put as much knowledge as I can on my own website, including links to Limewire and Bitzi, lets see if we can be atleast be an irritation to the idiots that provide false information on files, I know a lot out there have unknowingly downloaded viruses and other crap, lets work together to get rid of this stuff, there are a lot of antivirus progs to use, I use avast antivirus that so far has captured a virus as download is complete.

To me, there are 3 types of hacker...

1. The pro, these are are people in the know, at most they will take a peak and move on to something more interresting.

2. Malicious, these are intelligent people behaving unintelligent, probably have sad lives.

3. Ignorant, the worst kind!, they mess around thinking they know what they are doing, but they do not have a f***king clue, they may enter your system with the best of intentions, like just being nosey, but they ***** up your system in doing so.

I'm sure folk can come up with more types ;-)