View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2006
Guru in training

Sylvas is flying high
Unhappy "Babysitting LW"

I have just recently noticed that in the last upgrade or so a "sleep mode" has been integrated into LW. Used to be, one could start up LW continue your d/l's and u/l's and walk away, go to work, or whatever, for hours. You'd come back with d/l's done (or more so than before) and still be connected to the network and happily uploading to the masses. Now... I walk away from the comp to, say watch a movie, and the network connection "goes to sleep" after a short time approx 30 mins later. With this going on, I now have to "babysit" LW. Once I have a d/l going with multiple hosts, after the various lost connections and such, once the connection "sleeps" it no longer searches for new hosts and then sits there doing nothing until a button is pushed or mouse moved. I've read through the manuals and settings and have found nothing even mentioning this "feature". Short of hunting down and rewriting the command code for the timer, can this be bypassed/ turned off. Also if anyone knows, Why is it there? If it's a good logical reason, I won't question further.

Thx in advance.