View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2006
ReTired

Sleepless is just really nice
Default sorry I mean 4.10.5

Don't know where or why I got that number in my head. This isn't the first time I write 10.0.5 instead of 4.10.5

Wondering why
I meant in Frostwire. Thanks for the reply though. I am allready a member, allthough peoples rating systems tend to differ alot. Some will say DVD quality when it isn't much better than TMD. And others will say that it's a crap download, just because they didn't like the plot
Do you know of any real entusiasts, that share hints and tips that might not be popular on the forum. Please PM me if you do

Ultracross
The reason I started using Frostwire was because Limewire was acting up. Then Frostwire started acting up. I can't get the new versions to work. When I downgraded to 4.9.37 it works fine, so there are some bugs left

In the new versions as oppose to the old version:
Downloads won't start and nothing happens when I press resume or find sources, it just keeps saying awaiting sources
Much fewer searchresults
downloads that work are very slow, and connecting to fewer hosts when downloading

One thing that most definently does not work, is the (how many files to share to not be a freeloader) I have it set on 50 and rarely allow freeloaders, which is the absolute lowest setting. The last time I was using Frostwire 3 files were being uploaded and about 10 different IP's qeued. 1 was unbrowsable 1 was sharing 10 files and the last one was sharing 3. I then browsed people that were waiting in line, and some of them had over 500 files. Most definently a bug

I might add that I am using Limewire 4.9.37 Pro now, so it is normal to get more results, but it isn't normal that there is that big a difference.

I use XP Home MCE 2005 all available updates
J2SE runtime enviroment 5.0 (update 6)
Panda Platinum 2005 Antivirus
MS (Giant) Antispyware
Peerguardian 2

Router is a SMC BRA 7204 I think, I use UPnP. I am firewalled but let Limewire through

if that helps in solving anything

Last edited by Sleepless; February 10th, 2006 at 11:00 AM.