View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2006
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

One of the funny things about the UK is different parts speak differently, even in London different areas of the place speak english differently. lol (not only due to basic demographics.) Where I am, in most cases schools allowed both UK & US spellings of words. Personally I'm a greater supporter of the UK english. It has more style. It's almost as though the original US language users developed their spelling of words due to lack of ability to spell correctly. I guess that's what Verdyp is saying, making it more simplified for mutual understanding of people with various origins.

The english (& many other) language(s) is dynamic. I read a book written by my grandfather & the english use is considerably different & spelling included. The further you go back in time, the more the language changes are evident. And changes are still happening. (It's been too many years since I studied the origins of english language at university.)

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; February 12th, 2006 at 06:34 AM.