View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2006
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

RKapsi, I noticed the improved iTunes support for videos. On OSX does that mean automatic import for mpeg 4 files? It seems like something easy to add. Perhaps not everybody would desire their movies be imported also, but if they are, then they could just as easily be deleted from iTunes. Just a few days ago I tested out my new dvd player which supports divx/xvid/mpeg4 & simply burnt a data dvd-rw with music clips, & they played happily on the player. (Cost equivalent of US $80.45)

What are the improvements for iTunes video if this is not the case? "Added support for sharing video files via DAAP (to programs such as iTunes)"

* Whilst I was running Panther & 4.10, I found my VM usage whilst using the search function seemed to have a memory leak. Has this been repaired? Will this also occur on Tiger using Java 1.5? Perhaps it's system & hardware related ... I upgraded about a week ago. I found instant improvements in Java 1.5 but didn't try 1.4.2 in Tiger & haven't been using 4.10 (was too impractical before ... see jum's last thread in this section!)