View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2006
FrostWire Developer

ultracross is flying high

Sam, let me be the first (around here) to give you a warm welcome back. I also like the new changes. (btw, I've been bitching about LAN transfer speeds for a long time now. its about time you remove the cap on it! )

I also want to say that spam is on the rise (in a few areas). A few things to seriously consider for the next release:

1) Along with WMV/ASF files, ASX files should also be ignored by default. As I already told Roger about this: "ASX files are textual command files that manage streaming of ASF files." These files are being used specifically by spammers. Since you already ignore ASF files by default, why not ignore the files that are used to control them?

2) The most important of all: Action URL Launching. The word is out!! Spammers are using this technique now. Its only a matter of time before a malicious user will take this convient tool and destroy gnutella (and its users) with a nice exploit through a browser. Think of how many LW users run Internet Explorer. Its an exploit playground. (to the average user that reads this, i just have to recommend the firefox browser instead of Internet Explorer - www.getfirefox.com)

Last edited by ultracross; February 12th, 2006 at 04:52 PM.