View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2006
ReTired

Sleepless is just really nice

Then use command promth or DOS or whatever your system has, because it does have some kind of promth.

On my computer (XP) I hold down (F8) and I get a list of choices. If I choose (Start up only using command-promth) windows will not start at all, so there will be no way that anything would be blocking you from deleting the file, because the makers of the viruses may be smart, but they won't suspect anyone going back to basics, unless it's a really really old virus

Be very careful when using it, because deleting the wrong file usually is a bad thing

In the threadlink I posted before there is a link to how the promth is used + some other instuctions. read both carefully if you haven't tried it before

Also when cleaning spyware and viruses it often isn't enough to just use antivirus or antispyware. After deleting malware it is often good to use a registrycleaner as well. There is a link to a free one in that same thread

don't reboot before using it. Instead use it right after doing your malware sweep

Last edited by Sleepless; February 16th, 2006 at 06:09 AM.