View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2006
Apprentice

limewireprivoxy is flying high
Default Tor Logs on Limewire with Tor-Privoxy

Some more information (including log messages) for my problem above!!

Actually, I did a search and found several other people on this forum that have also run into the same problem of being unable to use Limewire with Tor-Privoxy and yet being able to use IE with Tor-Privoxy for no apparent reason. I thought I'd contibute a few log message from Tor for various circumstances.

Firstly, when I select Socks 4 in Limewire and set localhost and Port 9050 I get this:

Feb 17 01:44:37.859 [Warn] fetch_from_buf_socks(): Your application (using socks4 on port 6429) is giving Tor only an IP address. Applications that do DNS resolves themselves may leak information. Consider using Socks4A (e.g. via privoxy or socat) instead.
Feb 17 01:44:38.765 [Notice] Tried for 66 seconds to get a connection to [scrubbed]:7743. Giving up.

When I set HTTP Proxy with Localhost and Port 8118 in *Internet Explorer* it works FINE but I get this:

Feb 17 01:54:33.781 [Notice] circuit_log_path(): internal (high-uptime) circ (length 3, exit sasquatch): Pegdymmiv2(open) prospero(open) sasquatch(open)
Feb 17 01:55:32.453 [Notice] connection_ap_expire_beginning(): Stream is 15 seconds late on address '[scrubbed]'. Retrying.
Feb 17 01:55:32.453 [Notice] circuit_log_path(): internal (high-uptime) circ (length 3, exit b0red): jnz(open) torzone2(open) b0red(open)

When I set HTTP Proxy with localhost and Port 8118 in LImewire I get NOTHING ON THE LOG!! Limewire simply assumes I don't have a connection and says so! The Tor Bandwith Usage shows no action. The "Connections" just speeds through the various Ultrahost IPs really fast, and then gives up (at least with SOcks 4 above it thought about it for a while). My othe settings on Limewiare are: Under "listening port" I've set 46000 (for want of a better number, but it doesn't seem to matter), and router Configuration is Use UPnP.

Someone MUST know how to fix this problem - it's driving me bananas. And on two common programs like Limewire and Privoxy-Tor - I mean, don't we all want good internet security???

HELPPPPPP PLEEEAASSEE!!!!!!!!