Thread: OS Indication
View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2006
Gnutella Admirer

dsoslglece is flying high
Default downloads "for" osx

Hello,
I've been reading this few posts on how to recognize stuf for mac or not for mac (that is the question!)... I find myself times and times over, with downloaded documents (mostly wares or prog) advertized "OSX" or "Mac osx" etc., and even on the right format for it: dmg or sit or sitx even! (and of course under zip, rar, tar, also), but which, when unsitXed or dmged, appear to contain only 1 exe doc (unreadable on dos) and a license, openable with textEdit!... how would so many people play such a trick? the reason given in one of the posts (for people having a Mac at home, but working on PC at work) seems very nice indeed, but maybe a bit unreallistic, in view of the enormous amount of cases of that type... I must add that I see that sort of thing 70% of times on Lime Wire, but have very rarely seen it on overnet or eDonkey... are some others have had the same problem? I would be very intriged to have a proper answer... and it would also certainly help not to loose time running after a wrong hare!... thanks