Thread: OS Indication
View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2006
Gnutella Admirer

dsoslglece is flying high
Default dmg for mac osx but opening on exe!

well, L. of the Ring, thanks for your attention, but it is really what I said, I even kept few of those documents in a special file, in case!... but I did throw maybe a dozen or more in the garbage): for instance, without quoting any name, I've got 3 different downloads from the same app, advertized "for osx", and in dmg, which should be correct for mac (I don't see who else would download such thing!). Though, when the dmg opens, one has in the first a ziped file, in the second a rar, and in the third, a ace, and opening those, you find in each of them 2 things: 1 license txt (openable with textEdit) and a "setup exe... so what?... I must add that the weight of those documents seems correct, corresponding with the content. I recently got a Norton, not for my mac, really, but to avoid sending virusses all over the place, and I use it from time to time on imported materials; so, I used it to test those exe documents, but all are OK.
If you want to see for your self, try to research with, as a keyword: osx, and you'll see. I will try any way your suggestion, but I must first try to understand what it is, and how it works, but that is OK.
(I read just now in that forum a post (I didn't see it before!)from someone having the same problem)
thanks anyway.