View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2006
Novicius

poppet99 is flying high

yep - happened again tonight. Probably sill to have both limewire and morpheus pro versions simultaneously but crashed my machine again as I am always pushing my luck. After yesterdays crash, I decided to have anohter try with morpheus. The search success rate is I would guess three time more successful. However, when I crashed my PC 2nite, morpheus lost nothing. No data corruption or loss of information. Limewire however trashed the download.dat and download.bak files. I had also forgotten that morpheus allows the user to dig deeper into the network whereas re-issuing a search request in Limewire simply sends the same request to the same old hosts (or so it appears). Cmon, Limewire is on the surface a much better program in terms of user friendliness but it lacks the stability flexibility of morpheus. If I am being a complete idiot and have failed to notice a recovery procedure, please flame me and tell me to shut up. If not, can some of you brilliant coders try to address these basic issues.