View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2006
Novicius

Volbard is flying high
Question Can't connect at all, tried several things, please advise

Thank you for reading and responding to my post, I realize this forum is flooded and responding to the same questions constantly must be tedious. I did my best to read other posts and search online for a solution.

I installed Limewire Pro today and it does not connect. It hangs at Starting connection and I've never gotten any further than that. It also detects a firewall, and I cannot figure out where the problem is coming from.

My windows firewall is disabled, and so is the firewall in my trend micro virus scanner. There should be no software firewall at all enabled on my PC. I'm pretty savy, but if you can think of anything else on the computer that could be blocking my connection please let me know.

I've tried turning off the firewall on my router, and even enabling DMZ, but limewire still reports there is a firewall. Before doing that I tried to use UPnP and then port forwarding.

When I use online tools to do port scans on my computer, it reports that the ports are open. I've tried various ports for both the listening on port and manual port forward field. I also tried http://www3.limewire.com:6346 before I changed the port and it told me the test worked. So maybe packets can get in but not out? How can I test that? I'm kind of grasping at straws there.

How can I narrow down where things are going wrong? I can handle pretty technical stuff, if there's any port testing software I should try I would appreciate you pointing me to it.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Java.

I hope I can get Limewire working, I remember enjoying it years ago.

Here is some more information about my setup-
ISP - Comcast Cable in redmond, WA
Modem - Motorola SB5100 Surfboard
Router - Linksys WRT54GS with Talisman 1.1 firmware
OS - XP pro SP2
Limewire version - 4.10.9
Java version - 1.5

Thank you for your help!