View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2006
Apprentice

antabus is flying high

The thing is, neighbour contacted him, without knowing he was also using limewire, so he must have somehow found out what user he was getting the files from. My guess is that it's the thing where other user on the LAN can see and play the files on his playlist, but can't copy them, and his neighbour just thought he'd downloaded them. Where can you turn this off??

I'm going to tell him that what his neighbour told him just isn't possible, and that he must have misunderstood something. It didn't sound right to me either, that somehow his neighbour just downloaded everything automatically.
I've told him to run adaware regularly, but he's fairly new with computers, so I'm not sure I got the point across, but it's not like he has a totally infested computer.

All i got is 3rd hand info on what his neighbour saw, but he said something like "..and the user name changed to (my friends name) instead of my own name!"
My first thought was that it wasn't possible, but I wanted to ask the question here anyway, just in case limewire somehow made it possible.

Thank you