View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2006
Novicius

georgiasellers is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by Only A Hobo
georgiasellers You've been scammed .. yes I'm afraid so. iTunes is available free from Apple.com It is an application which stores and plays songa and loads iPods. The iTunes music store is something rather different. It is an online store where you pay to down load songs and you use iTunes to do this. You can also load your own CDs into iTunes .... or any other music, or videos if they are the right format, that you have on your computer.

Limewire is a peer to peer application which links users to other users and in such a way they can download files of each other. Limewire is not a site as such, and a fee is not payable to Limewire for a download. It is also not a sourse for unlimited free legal downloads in the way musicmembersarea might have led you to believe. iTunes music store is a legal pay per tune online store, and access to it cannot be sold cheap by any other organization.

You should cancell your current credit card. (The scammers are crooks and could do anything with your card detais) Explain to your CC company that you have been the victim of fraud, and try to get your money back, either from them or from the Scammers. Yes ..They have been known to make refunds.

Don't be worried, .. once you have stopped the card your worries are over .. except you might have lost some money, but not a huge amount. But remember that on the internet there are huge numbers of Free programmes and before you THINK of paying for one, check out what else there is for free...and often better. Have a good look at these forums to find out more about Limewire, and If you like the idea .. stay around

Any more questions... please ask
Hello Hobo,
Thanks for all the info. I plan on doing what you said and reporting the bumbs to the FBI as soon as I finish here.I think it is disgusting the way people like these take advantage of others. Thanks again
g