Thread: Limewire Pro
View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2006
Valued Member contributor

Grandpa will become famous soon enough

Quote:
A: LimeWire BASIC is completely free to download and use. An enhanced version of LimeWire, LimeWire PRO, is also available for a one time charge. LimeWire PRO can be purchased as an electronic download or on CD.
Quote:
LimeWire is a software application. The one-time payment for LimeWire PRO is a payment to purchase a copy of the program. PRO purchasers also receive Technical Support via email and up to 6 months of free updates.
You will not be charged again by Lime Wire after your initial purchase. After 6 months, PRO users have the option to purchase an additional 6 months of technical support and free updates for a reduced price.

Above is the link I sent you to It is clearly posted what there terms are. If you did indeed purchase Pro from the official site after 6 months you upgrade and support run out thus your e mail address is removed from their server since you are no longer entitled to support. Listed above in their terms.

.You should have burned your copy of pro to disk you bought it thus you were entitled to do so. Just for future reference any software you buy and download from the net you should first save it to your hard drive then burn it to disk thus if you for some reason loose it you have a back up copy. You bought the software thus you have the legal right to burn it.

I have found it best practice to include a note pad file with the serial number the date of purchase transaction number the amount paid the website URL and allot of purchases you make over the Internet a phone number will show up on your CC statement it is a good idea to include this also. I do this with all software I purchase over the net thus if I have any problems I have all the information I need. Unfortunately the majority of people do not do this.

As for your problem I do not know what to tell you LimeWire has no obligation to do anything. You can contact whoever you want but they have done nothing wrong and you will be told that it is spelled out in there terms. If you did not read them entirely before your purchase that is your problem not theirs.

My course of action here would be as Peerless suggest and contact mformel and explain your problem without the anger and threats they will get you no where other than no response. And remember LimeWire is under no way obliged to do anything.

java.com - Hot Games, Cool Apps

A little common sense goes a long way

Later Grandpa