View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2006
aged member

The Elder is flying high
Default OK BIRDY! But--

First, I have to retract my last hypothesis. Yesterday, my searches did not result in any of my own files showing as completed downloads. Early this morning (with LW on all night) I started showing my own files as completed downloads again and no one was uploading. It would be unusual that people would be on line at the same time with ALL of these files being shared by them. So, my previous post may be a bust. But, maybe not!

Regarding blue stars: As I've said, the only one on my LAN is my wife. I put a folder with 33 files on both computers and started LW on both. Thirty two of the files showed as completed downloads during my search and one showed with blue stars. If I tried downloading the blue starred item LW did not recognize it as a duplicate and downloaded at my wife's max upload speed. Possibly, a minor glitch during my xferring to her computer made her copy of this file different than my copy. Attempts to down load the other 32 files immediately were recognized as duplicate files. I accept the blue star concept. I may have had both machines online at the same time when I first saw THE STARS.

I'm willing to put this to bed!