View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2006
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

You need to learn how to use the junk filter. Once you see these results, select them & press the rubbish bin icon (junk filter). The 134 KB files are in fact very easy & quick to filter out. The Junk filter is a dynamic learning filter. You need to train it & it learns what is junk bit by bit.

Fake UP's has been mentioned before on the forum.

Edit: I just realised I misread your version & OS. You're using OS 8 or 9 right? That version of LW doesn't have the Junk filter. It was only released in the late LW 4.9.x versions.

I read back your earlier threads. Did you update your Java? If you're having problems with LW 4.0.10, I may have another 4.0.x version you might like to try. It might work better. Send me a pm if interested.

Did you ever try deleting your LW preferences folder? If you go to the preferences folder & view it in list mode, .limewire folder will be at the top of the list. Delete it whilst LW is closed. That may refresh LW's connection history & hopefully give you better results.

What I said about the 384 kbps mp3 might have been incorrect. It depends whether it was an mp3 or m4a file. Apple lossless also uses m4a & its bit rates are generally larger than 320 kbps. Also there is a mp3 program that can convert & play larger than 320 kbps but it's not much use as most players can not play such files & it is a very rare format.

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; February 27th, 2006 at 07:38 AM.