View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2006
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough
Default US Financial Laws

Nymb09

I don't know anything about US laws but the laws that allow scammers to advertise on Google are the same ones that allow World.Com and Enron to swindle working people (both in the US, UK and probably all over the western world) out of their savings and pensions.

I know this because both friends and relatives, as well as myself, lost huge chunks of our savings, even though we did not invest in these fraudulent companies.

I say the following based on what I see rather than what I actually know and I will stand corrected of someone knowledgeable can point out that I am wrong:

It seems that lately US wide laws are based on who or what can pay the most rather than what is actually good for the people of the country. Katrina showed that the government did not really care about a certain segment of it's people because they were mainly poor and working class.

World.Com and Enron executives rubbed shoulders with the administration and, it seems, as long as these companies were contributing to the coffers of the party in power they could get away with anything, and they did.

Look at the US record industry, they are sponsoring laws to actually rob the artists of their intellectual property, i.e. the songs they create.

In other words, in the US it is all about money or, should I say, extracting money from working people and distributing it to the wealthy (and to hell with the rest).

So, when Google builds it's financial strategy based upon the takings scammers can provide all Google is really doing is following the current thinking on how things are now done in the US.

Remember, Money First and Working People nowhere.

UK Bob

PS. The US used to be the world's leader in showing the world how people should live by merit and how they should live in a democracy. Although a lot of times the US could not live up to those ideal, they did show the world how things could and should be. Now it seems that bubble-headedness is the flavour of the day and money, no matter how you get it, is life's only goal