View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2006
Valued Member contributor

Grandpa will become famous soon enough

Just curious but why is it that the US gets blamed for everything allot of the world would not be as well off right now if it wasn't for the US. The people who settled the US in the beginning were people who left their own countries like mine that came over from England to escape the oppression of their governments and to be able to make a living and have the opportunity to become prosperous.

Something that could not be achieved in their own countries. Allot of people did very well and still do to this day several million people migrate to the US every year looking for that opportunity and allot of them achieve their goals. There is no other place in the world where the opportunities can be found that are available to all people of the US.

People talk about the poor in the US and there are some that have had a hard time. But the vast majority are just plain LAZY and unwilling to work. Tell me how literally millions of people can come to this country every year and find jobs make a living and save money. But yet those that are already here can not find a job. When I was farming the unemployment agencies would send people out during harvest season I would give them a job 9 out of ten would not make it the first week. Now these people were making the same money I was yet it was not good enough for them so I have no sympathy for the LAZY poor which is what the vast majority of the pore in this country are.

And no I do not agree with the RIAA or the MPAA but I also do not hold anything against a person or a corporation that has made a fortune in this country by working for it. And you do not become rich by siting on your ***. Allot of people hate dislike Bill Gates because he monopolized the software industry. Hell I admire the man he went from basically nothing to being the richest man in the world and it really has nothing to do with whether he stoled the original or not what it does have to do with is great business strategy and marketing. He also donates more private money than any other individual or corporation in the world.

Any way enough of this rant go ahead and blame the US for the worlds problems it has become the fad of the world. But while you are doing it look around in your own back yard I am sure there are plenty of bones buried there.

java.com - Hot Games, Cool Apps

A little common sense goes a long way

Later Grandpa