View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2006
Novicius

toneroc is flying high
Default LW Crashes...why oh why???

Hello,

I recently DLed the new basic version of limewire 4.10.9. I'm running it on a G5 imac with a 1.8GHz powerPC G5 and 1GB ram and with Panther 10.3.9 and Java 1.4.

The previous version of Limewire worked perfectly and i could run multiple programs whilst downloading on LW. Now LW is really slowing my computer down and sometimes using up to 90% of my cpu and 600-700mb of virtual ram.

I did adjust the filters as suggested on another post and that did make a difference but only in that LW now crashes after running for a longer period of 5-10mins, whereas before it would crash sooner. Even with LW being the only program running on my os, it still crashes after a short while.

Is there anybody out there who can offer me some advice. I'm at a bit of a loss considering the amount of memory I have on my comp. I would have thought it would be able to handle the program reasonably well. I've read that people have been getting it to work with java 1.5 but i understand that is only available for tiger users...?

Also if any one knows the where i could DL the old version that would be great.

Cheers in advance.

tone