View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2006
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally posted by kyleca1
I am having the same problem connecting from a Windows XP (SP 1) that uses a wireless connection to a dlink di-624 router.

It never connects and from the status all the nodes are saying connection refused ... I have Gnucleus 2.2.0.0 installed on another computer that is Windows XP (SP1) that is wired directly to the same router and it successfully connects to Gnucleus 2.2.0.0
I suspect you'd need to manually forward a port for the 2nd computer & use a different port to the 1st computer.

I've had connection problems & also tried adding same nodes that another program had been using mins earlier to no avail (gnutella but not gnucleus nodes.) I'm guessing my problem (win 2k with di-link router) is the router & the firewalling effect is stopping connections. My set up is a little complicated & I can't open a port for this. Not using VPC anyway. It would be wonderful to get this sorted out. If only ...