View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2006
Novicius

SanBlasSuzy is flying high
Default WinMX Orphan....

I miss WinMX and all the buddies I chatted with. I cannot ever tell if anyone has messaged me with LimeWire when I am on line. Is there some kinda signal? With WimMX, you knew that someone, had messaged you and could see the user name of that someone...simplel. When you had a message and, as long as you were online, you would get the message. I also liked the fact that you could share with people with the same interests. I always shared, just liked sharing with a few I recognized. With LimeWire, I just turn it on and whomever gets in, does. The dl kbs are also pretty slow. Once in a while I get one that goes faster...once in a while. I am even a sharing peer 'cause of the Cable connection. I don't dare have more than 6 connecting ul at a time because I found more were just pitiful at one kbs per person or 0! I'm not saying I minded sharing with those with slower connections. I just like a few someones who could dl fast among the slow, not everyone slow. LimeWire 4.10 has been much better, tho. Anyway, if CentralCaliGuy, animal, micky123, MahaloPlenty, nevadawn, MicusMXTrader, adythemuppet, Muzak, SisterGirl, MzThang, rasskuk, etc. read this, let me know. Also, what's with the zip dl's? Do you dl and unzip with WinZip? I do appreciate that at least something else came along. I found LimeWire thru WinMX page. I was aware of the Gnutella network and belonged to Bear Share before I found WinMX....which was after Napster bit the dust for a while. Any help with messaging and zip dl would be appreciated....