View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2006
Novicius

kickinsound is flying high
Default Some suggestions

Hello, been using Frostwire since I heard about it and it seems to be going very well.

This new version seems to download MUCH faster then 4.10.3, which was the one I was using before this. I haven't been using it long (an hour so far) and downloaded 3 things much faster then I normally do.

There was one big problem, when I went to install 4.10.9 it never asked me where I wanted to install it. I tried installing it 4 or 5 times just to make sure I didn't miss anything but I never found one place where it asked me where to install the program. I had to download the Zip and set it up like that. I'm using Windows XP.

I'm not exactly sure if this is the right place to make suggestions or not but here it goes.

I'd love to see either the X's gone on the tabs or an option to not have them there. There have been many times when I have accidently closed one of the tabs because I clicked on one over it, and when the tabs on the bottom switched the mouse cursor just happened to be over top of the X and the tab closed. Its more of an annoyance then anything else. Right clicking on the tab and hitting closed works just fine.

I'd love to have an option when you right click on a file you are downloading to remove the file and the reference to the file even if it is not fully downloaded. Having to wait to clear out the files just wastes space. Most of the time, I download 2 or 3 of the same file from a few people just to make sure I get a good copy and then I want to delete the ones I don't need. Just stopping them leaves the files there.

Under the filter results, I'd love to have it so that with mp3s you could filter by quality. Sometimes you just want to see all the 192 quality or all the 320 quality and don't want to see anything else.

I don't think there was anything else, but if I think of anything else I'll post a message.

Keep up the good work and thank you. ^_^