View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2001
Unregistered

Thumbs down Host should be banned from Gnutella network

I have been using limewire for the last 8 months and to this day i notice that hosts with addresses 192.168.1.xxx mostly (others in their class and 10.xxx.xxx.xxx aswell) don't allow for any downloads and take up +\- 20% of all the bandwidth that travels over Gnutella and direct connection's bandwidth pipes for downloading (to themselves, from others) files, but yet they don't allow people to download from them, or at least only 1 conection to their hosts. I realize that you the user have the right to control connections/bandwidth usage to your host but comON! You really think that we the public do not want to make use of certain files, copyrighted programs excluded, to enjoy the networks and our quality time that we spent to get all the crap that you share so that we may indulge ourselves in a bit of a wank job now and again or just the pleasure to tryout a game or two?!?

I'm sorry for those on private networks that are ligit, but those mtf that use wingates or other proxy's and firewall connections should watch out. For this reason I vote that the private address ranges be excluded in the permitted connections to the gnutella network unless the connection could be verified as being a truthfull connection from either a NAT'ed address or static.

And for those that do not allow downloads from their sights and are leachers: may your toung stick to your pallette with the force of a thousand camels.

good riddens,
Jolub