View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2006
FrostWire Developer

ultracross is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by et voilą
Am I clear ultracross? There is no way I'll jump into that sort of promotion.
That was a joke....

[edit] and DAMN et_voila... you took the bait quickly.. hehe. Just so I can be clear, I seriously doubt I will change the speed settings. et_voila and greg would hate me for it. Although there isn't much harm in changing it. If LimeWire does it for profit, I don't see why we can't do it for free. I can also see the fine line of behaving well and being greedy. Maybe an increase of one host after the modem setting. (This is very hypothetical)

BUT! I will not change anything to increase the number of ultrapeers that frostwire connects to. Three ultrapeers is the max. It would even be nicer to bring the number down to two or even one, but a redundancy is important.

Kmag is working on a simppable patch for the QRT (the QRT simppable settings can be set in increments of 64, 128 and 256k I believe). Kmag tells me that a 256k QRT is the most optimal setting, even though limewire is currently held at 64k--this is the most optimal for limewire. (BearShare proved 256k QRT's are more optimal)... Blah blah, So anyways we will be very safe with 3 UP connections. Connecting to Four or more UPs is just greedy and problematic with higher QRT's.
[/edit]

Last edited by ultracross; March 16th, 2006 at 06:43 PM.