View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2006
Novicius

cyphem is flying high
Angry

I'm sorry to interrupt the happy search for a new logo. This is because it's not the first and I'm slowly getting a little upset.

First, there was a contest in which many participated and good ideas and logos were contributed. Despite the fact that someone won the vote, the logo was never really used.
Some days after the contest, a different logo appeared on the page and suddenly, the contest and its outcome was just ignored.

I asked the people who are in charge of the development and they said something about that they were not that satisfied with the logo and one of the contestants who seems to be member of the team now made the new one.

Now, there seems to be the need for a new logo. Again.

And again, the efforts and time of the people who contributed in the first contest is simply ignored.

Now I ask you: Why don't you look at the ideas and logos the contestants gave you in the first place? Why are these ignored without any comment? What do you say to the people who thought that helping an upcoming project like frostwire would be a good thing?

Yes, I did participate in the first contest and my logo made it to the top five. But I don't ask these questions only for myself but for at least the other 4 top contestants and furthermore the dozen of people who made logos which made it not that far.
I ask these questions because I think what's going on at the moment is a slap in the face for the ones that wanted to help.

If you don't want any help, then *say it*! But don't let people believe that there is any chance that their effort is of any use, if in reality there ain't!