Quote:
Originally posted by et voilą
^
l
l

LOL!
indeed

@ cyphem

If you wish to post your previous or new works, you can post it at your own leisure. We will take all art posted or sent to us into consideration. We also *GREATLY* appreciate the support, time and effort that each artist puts into his work. The reason I am wanting a new design (or designer) is that we could not contact the current artist on a regular basis. We would like to have a consistant graphics designer, but the turn-over of developers and artists are very high in the OSS world. We can't keep a design when we cant keep in touch with the artist because many things in the application are constantly changing and we constantly need new or updated graphics. (I've been updating them myself ever since we lost contact with the artist)

As et_voila previously said, we are an open source project, and we need the support of the community to move ahead. We do have an archive of graphics that have been submitted to us and if we lose contact with the designer, we look into our archive and try to find suitable graphics. If we lose contact with a designer that we pick from this thread, we will look into our archives and try to find a suitable graphic and contact the author.

At this time, we can't contact our graphics artist, so after a period of time (and email bounce messages) we have to move on. I am really hoping that it wont happen this time round.

I havent yet decided how the project will choose the artist. Maybe we could do a forum poll for the top picks? Then each top 3(?) graphic will get there 15 mins of fame and be added to each new version of frostwire... So, each new version that comes out, a new top 3(?) pick will take the place of the previous graphic. Then let the community pick which one they like most. Maybe we could do that?

Last edited by ultracross; March 20th, 2006 at 06:38 PM.