Thread: Uninstalling
View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2006
Novicius

Rishi is flying high

Hi there Franco,

Same deal with me. I'm not an expert either however, the problem clearly seems to be a bug within the uninstallation file - if it doesn't uninstall itself properly, then it's a mistake from the developers. Having said that, I have heard no news from anyone in my repeated attempts to contact someone with answers and finally have some closure on this incredibly stupid problem. I have re-installed the bloody thing just because I'd rather have the program on my computer rather than an error message that pops up every 5 minutes or so.

Now I have a separate error (which will be posted shortly). It involves Limewire automatically re-booting itself every time I close it. This is stupid. It is not in my startup menu and it is not in my system tray. The only explanation I can give is that the developers and/or the publishers of this product did not do enough QA testing before releasing this product (or at least the free version), and did not notice this incredibly inconvenient and completely avoidable error that now seems to have burrowed it's way onto my hard drive.

I have a question to ask Franco:

1. Could you please post the error message that you receive so that other computer experts could have a look at it??

And 2. If you re-install Limewire, does it re-install properly and does it automatically start itself up again after you close it?

We have only 2 courses of action to take; 1.) Do nothing about it and ignore the problem or 2.) Buy the Pro version and hopefully things will go fine from there. I for one will never buy this product as it has been nothing but an inconvenience and a headache right from the get-go.

I hope this helps!