View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2006
Riding a Pale Horse and Wielding THE Sword of the Forum

Peerless is a jewel in the rough

what's the schmeel about 'demo'???

anything wrong with a senior member recommending a freeware program??? (there are ways around that.....)

DVDshrink compresses DVD files...it does NOT recode .avi, mpg, etc to VOB files....which of course you mentioned in your first post in this thread....(and that comment is meant as a soft slap to the face of wondering why, who methinks misunderstood)

you sell DVDs every day eh?...of what sort?....retail, or your own special rips you pawn off at the flea market?

seems to me you are just itching for a fight...sure, your 'real' method, which takes 20 steps as you notate, works I'm sure...said real method being using your favorite Super DVD Creator8.5 program, which you stupidly recommend 'downloading'..hmmm....right...yur proposing piracy there d00d, and that is against forum rules...

now, the one great thing about DVD shrink is that one has a great deal of control over just how much compression is used (unlike nero which gives long play and super long play as compression options)....not having used dvdsanta, I can make no statement in regards to its functionality..

in the end, as a noobs guide, wondering why's post is far simpler for the beginner to deal with...I'll gladly give you the fact that your method may very well be the 'better' way to go, but it is also more 'difficult'....and as you were responded to, why get in such a tiff because somebody else recommended a different path? are you so insecure that you can't handle somebody else being right also?...do you always have to be on the top of the hill? please take to heart that there are those here (which I am among) who are definitely above you on the hill as far as 'power' is concerned...

@wondering why....remember the old saying "don't feed the trolls", and since you don't have the power to really deal with them, why not let one of us mods take the seat, eh?