View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2006
Apprentice

abricru is flying high
Default Suggestion

Hello

I posted this on the main board, but since a lot of my post has to do with this particular thread, I decided I should post it here. I am sorry for adding to the length of this post!

Does "Maximizing .." sticky need to be updated??

Ok, I am getting no uploads, so I search the FAQ etc. etc. trying to find an answer. I start to read the sticky post about maximizing your downloads/uploads.. I get to the part about "forcing" your IP, and I start looking everywhere for a button to let me force my IP. This is after wading through 8 or 9 pages of you-know-what.

Finally I come to the conclusion that there is no button to check anymore. It would have been nice to know that before I wasted all that time looking for it! Anyway, I am back to square one and I really don't feel like reading the whole 30 pages of that sticky note. So my suggestion is to remove any obsolete information that is in it (if there is any) and perhaps shorten it to a managable length so old ladies like me can read it in the span of an evening.

I believe I have correctly forwarded the port, and I am no longer seeing the firewall symbol. What more do I need to do to share my many files?

I would be so grateful for some help.

Thanks