View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2006
Novicius

arohamai2006 is flying high
Default Trend Micro PC-cillin Firewall

Hello

I have just had installed a new firewall called Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security 2006 which also contains an up to date firewall - now having problems with connecting to Limewire.

I've done all the firewall configuration things (adding Limewire to my Exceptions list for both TCP/UDP connections, allowing Limewire full access to the Internet, configuring the listening port for both TCP/UDP connections which for myself is 50569, adding the IP address as per Limewires website which is 127.0.0.1 - which didn't work so I used the "Resolve" button within my firewall connections, which allows me to type in the Host (which I thought was either Limewire or Gnutella) and then it comes up with their IP addresses - which were completely different to what was on Limwires website - however this didn't work either. I also configured my firewall level of security to medium).

I've also uninstalled and reinstalled Limewire, done the removal of the preferences (as per Sticky), but NOTHING has worked! I have also turned off Windows XP firewall completely, so I only have one firewall working.

I have Windows XP
I run Java 2 SE v1.4.2_03
I run Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Suite 2006

Limewire has run successfully with my ADSL modem since day one - it just hasn't worked ever since I had this new Internet Suite installed - PLEASE HELP ME.