View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2006
Valued Member contributor

Grandpa will become famous soon enough

What I want to know is what makes any country or culture think they own a language. The British got English from German decent according to Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language . So by LauMars definition of who claims English, it should be the German Flag not the Union Jack. But who really cares I live in the US. I speak English, and the English I speak is right for me. The way I spell it is correct to me. (some of the time I am not the best at spelling or grammar) I really don't care if I spell it differently or use different pronunciation. Allot of the world has English as a required subject in school. And most of them that were not influenced by British occupation are using the US English. Languages evolve and change new words are made for new things and they will continue to change. Sorry but I do not believe the English language belongs to the British or anybody. I stick by my other post that LimeWire was developed in the US thus the US Flag by the English language is proper. I also believe that if it was developed in the UK the British Flag would be appropriate.

java.com - Hot Games, Cool Apps

A little common sense goes a long way

Later Grandpa